There are many aspects of planning a successful event. An event budget template has to consider event attendance and costs, among other things. However, the key to successful event planning is a structured approach and strategy.
An event budget template is also usually responsible for attracting/inviting potential attendees to the event, via word of mouth, targeted email campaigns, advertising, and social media. Depending of course on the budget and the scale of the event, the event budget planner may not use all the methods or strategies for attracting potential attendees/guests. Event planners are often asked to organize different types of events as well.
Events can be classified as corporate events, in the case of seminars or product launches. An event planner worksheet could be asked to organize a personal event for a client such as a golden wedding anniversary or a cultural event such as an art festival for a theater or non-profit organization. There are also within each category, scale classifications such as smaller scale events, medium scale events, and large-scale events. The scale of event category is dependent on the desired number of attendees/guests.
How to Use Event Budget Template?
The Event budget worksheet provided looks at three different events on three separate sheets. The first sheet is for a smaller scale golden wedding anniversary event, the second sheet is for planners wanting to organize medium scaled product launches, and the third sheet is a larger scale cultural festival event organized by a non-governmental or non-profit organization.
The golden wedding anniversary event requires you to input your number of desired guests. To input the guests as they attend in the attendance monitor, you can use the scrollbar. The total expenses and total income are automatically calculated from the user inputs entered in the rest of the sheet.
The product launch event requires you to input your number of desired guests. To input the guests as they attend in the attendance monitor, you can use the scrollbar. You need to input the funding target but the total expenses, actual funding received, and percentage funding attained are automatically calculated from the user inputs entered in the rest of the sheet.
The cultural festival event requires you to input your number of desired guests. To input the guests as they attend in the attendance monitor, you can use the scrollbar. You need to input the funding target, but the total expenses and actual funding received are automatically calculated from the user inputs entered in the rest of the sheet.
On the fourth sheet, a checklist is provided for the event planner to check, to see if the major tasks have been attended too, the event planner is then automatically told how many of the critical tasks had been completed (based on the items checked).
- Decide on the actual date the event is set to take place on, way in advance.
- Time management is key. All the allocated tasks for the event at hand needs to be completed before the day of the event itself. This contributes to stress reduction for the planner and ensures that the event runs smoothly.
- Every successful event planner assigns a primary objective to the event he/she is planning. For example for a product launch, the main purpose of the event is to advertise the potential product, and subsequently, this advertisement should lead to increased sales of the product.
- If working with a team of people, make sure everybody is in sync with the event planning and use collaborative software where possible.
- Develop numerous strategies to attract potential attendees, in the case of larger scale events.
- Get quotes for venues, bands, and other needed items and visit the venues beforehand to ensure that they are suitable for your event.
- Keep tabs on the number of people who have confirmed that they will attend.
- Keep tabs on the budget regarding expenses and income sources.
- The event planner may need to work with marketing and assist with attracting sponsors or other funders, so monitor the sources of revenue carefully and contact sponsors frequently for funding for larger scale events.
- The presentation is everything, on the day of the actual event, make sure it starts on time, and that everything runs according to schedule.
- Once the event has ended, conduct a reflection session, on whether or not the event was successful in attaining the objective set and if other targets were met.